Symbols are more real than what they symbolise; the signifier precedes and determines the signified - Claude Lévi-Strauss
What this has to do with Donald Trump is that the Twitter-addicted
media hound is more real as a symbol than as a man to his followers, who
cannot see beyond the glare of his image. And Trump, who recently said
"any press is good press," knows this well. He has created a mythology
greater than any fact of his acts and deeds.
Lacan's formula for metaphor: f (S')S = (+) s
(S is Signifier and s is signified)
Trump is teflon because he is the Signifier, and what and how he has signified is lost in the process for so many, too many
- ► 2017 (50)
- Save the Date: National Translation Month Reading ...
- Thanks for downloading my audio Pushkin!
- The Banality of Donald Trump
- Are You Trump Ready?
- You Want Unlikely Stories
- Rage: The Dominant Affect of Fascism
- Thanks for downloading The No-Net World and Exorci...
- Trump University: Creating Racism 101
- The Trump Abuser-Victim Paradigm
- Trump as Signifier
- The Normalization of Donald Trump
- The Republican Party Platform
- Mes chers amis français et vos familles:
- Not about Economics
- PUBLISH OR PERISH?
- TO THE THANATOS WITHIN ME (Revised 7/9/16)
- Harlem Line (Found Poem)
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)