Sunday, July 31, 2016
The Banality of Donald Trump
Today, or yesterday, Trump targeted the grieving mother of a slain US soldier and asserted that Russia "is not going to go into the Ukraine." I am no longer envisioning Trump as a mastermind of evil. His stripe of evil smacks of banality, as in Hannah Arendt's phrase about Adolf Eichmann. Perhaps this impulsive id-ruled man is average, ignorant and self-seeking and banal.
- ► 2017 (69)
- Save the Date: National Translation Month Reading ...
- Thanks for downloading my audio Pushkin!
- The Banality of Donald Trump
- Are You Trump Ready?
- You Want Unlikely Stories
- Rage: The Dominant Affect of Fascism
- Thanks for downloading The No-Net World and Exorci...
- Trump University: Creating Racism 101
- The Trump Abuser-Victim Paradigm
- Trump as Signifier
- The Normalization of Donald Trump
- The Republican Party Platform
- Mes chers amis français et vos familles:
- Not about Economics
- PUBLISH OR PERISH?
- TO THE THANATOS WITHIN ME (Revised 7/9/16)
- Harlem Line (Found Poem)
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)