I attended the PEN dinner last night honoring Russian anti-Putin writers, novelist Lyudmila Ulitstaya and poet Maria Stepanova. In a discussion moderated by Gary Steyngart, the Russian writers spoke of the increasing constraints on freedom of expression in Putin's Russia, an Orwellian disregard for the truth, and the intense pressures on LGBT voices. We are honored to include many of these brave writers in our 2013 Big Bridge anthology, Twenty-first Century Russian Poetry. And, in many ways, are we not heading for the same boat?
Twenty-first Century Russian Poetry
- ► 2017 (49)
- t(his), (he)re
- MY VRONSKY
- How to Meet and Dance with Your Death (Como encue...
- PEN dinner honoring anti-Putin dissident writers
- The Diary of the Warsaw Ghetto (from Patient Women...
- Save the date: "Endangered Music" at Los Angeles A...
- Winedark Sea
- revery about intoxicated turtles
- The Gospel According to Magdalene
- Unlikely Stories Tribute Issue for Michelle Greenb...
- LETTER TO LERMONTOV
- HE CALLED ME "FAT"
- TO THE THANATOS WITHIN ME
- Excerpt from PATIENT WOMEN
- My Trick Wants to Go to Plato's
- 560 Brooke Avenue, South Bronx
- Recording of my poem "Phylum" up at The Common Onl...
- Rain Taxi review of my translation of Victory over...
- Coverage for PATIENT WOMEN in OSM, the global citi...
- Rock and roll heaven: the visionaries
- Official press release for PATIENT WOMEN
- Text of my poems in Plume
- Two poems in Plume
- New Year's Resolution
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)