Friday, November 07, 2014
My translation of A. Kruchenykh's Victory over the Sun now available from Červená Barva Press
I am thrilled to announce the publication of my translation of Aleksei Kruchenykh's libretto of the first Russian Futurist opera, Victory over the Sun (1913). Published by Gloria Mindock's Červená Barva Press, this edition has a brilliant introduction by Eugene Ostashevsky. This publication would not have been possible without the help of Alexander Cigale. who, with scholars Gerald Janacek and Richard Kostelanetz, have provided wonderful blurbs for the book. Cover art is from Kazimir Malevich's set designs for the original production. Thanks to everyone who has made this publication possible, and to the Garage Museum of Moscow for using this translation for their reconstruction of the opera!
- ► 2017 (52)
- ► 2016 (151)
- ► 2015 (62)
- Text of War, for C.K. Williams, in the current Lev...
- Four poems in Levure Littéraire: To the Thanatos W...
- My poem, "Phylum," published in The Common
- Cervena Barva Press announces Victory Over the Sun...
- Text of Tarkovsky translation of "June 25, 1939" w...
- New translation of Arseny Tarkovsky and poems by A...
- BLAZEVOX IS PUBLISHING MY NOVEL, PATIENT WOMEN
- Patient Women a Subito Press Contest Semifinalist
- Cover of my translation of Victory over the Sun by...
- Advanced in the Guggenheim Fellowship Competition!...
- My translation of A. Kruchenykh's Victory over the...
- ▼ November (11)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)