Христос воскресe! (Khristos voskres)
(Christ has arisen! This is the traditional Russian Easter greeting.)
Воистину воскресе! (Voistinu voskrese)
(Indeed, He has arisen! This is the traditional response.)
Plus three kisses, one cheek, two cheek, and back again (the kisses are essential).
- ► 2016 (151)
- ► 2015 (62)
- Just Announced: Pussy Riot at PEN Gala on May 5
- Never Challenge a Roth - My List of Words Never to...
- Happy 450th, Will!
- Happy birthday, Vladimir Nabokov! Poem for Ada
- Poem for Earth Day: revery about intoxicated turtl...
- The Traditional Russian Easter Greeting
- Guest blog on We Wanted to Be Writers
- First Review of #specialcharacters
- Between Eclipses
- NYC Launch of #specialcharacters May 11!
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)