I am not surprised that the word *vulnerable* is banned at the CDC; this seems a logical extension of the Trumpian worldview. There are no vulnerable persons to a bully; there are simply weaklings, crips, marks. The compassionate person sees vulnerability and says, this person needs my help; the Trumpian sees vulnerability and says, this person can be taken.
Auden put it best in "The Shield of Achilles" :
A ragged urchin, aimless and alone,
Loitered about that vacancy; a bird
Flew up to safety from his well-aimed stone:
That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
Were axioms to him, who’d never heard
Of any world where promises were kept,
Or one could weep because another wept.
- ► 2018 (50)
- Come out of the darkness about depression this hol...
- Auld Lang Syne
- Skin in the Game
- A Brodsky Nativity Poem: Christmas Star
- CAPITALISM IS SOCIALISM FOR RICH PEOPLE
- Trump Is Winning and We Are Wimps
- FASCISM 101
- MadHat Poets Shmailo and Kostos Read Jan 6!
- Nora at 13 from Patient Women in Unbearables Antho...
- This Is Different
- World AIDS Day Poem
- ▼ December (12)
- ► 2016 (151)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)