Sunday, December 31, 2017
Come out of the darkness about depression this holiday.
On the perfect roof, near a perfect ledge,
A small terra firma with a narrow edge,
No temporizing with last-minute balance,
No handhold, no foothold, no anchor, no ballast.
And once committed, once into the air,
No hovering, no kiting, no waiting there.
The polygonal street and the shining dark cars
Attacked at meters per second squared.
Once over, soon over: a thing done just once:
Like fireworks and New Years’ bells, fast and intense,
Quite finite, soon finished, thought long, slow begun,
And forgotten by others like the old year now done.
- ► 2018 (73)
- Come out of the darkness about depression this hol...
- Auld Lang Syne
- Skin in the Game
- A Brodsky Nativity Poem: Christmas Star
- CAPITALISM IS SOCIALISM FOR RICH PEOPLE
- Trump Is Winning and We Are Wimps
- FASCISM 101
- MadHat Poets Shmailo and Kostos Read Jan 6!
- Nora at 13 from Patient Women in Unbearables Antho...
- This Is Different
- World AIDS Day Poem
- ▼ December (12)
- ► 2016 (151)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)