Thursday, December 31, 2015
Come out of the darkness about depression this holiday
On the perfect roof, near a perfect ledge,
A small terra firma with a narrow edge,
No temporizing with last-minute balance,
No handhold, no foothold, no anchor, no ballast.
And once committed, once into the air,
No hovering, no kiting, no waiting there.
The polygonal street and the shining dark cars
Attacked at meters per second squared.
Once over, soon over: a thing done just once:
Like fireworks and New Years’ bells, fast and intense,
Quite finite, soon finished, thought long, slow begun,
And forgotten by others like the old year now done.
- ► 2017 (50)
- ► 2016 (151)
- Come out of the darkness about depression this hol...
- Thanks for a great literary 2015!
- Christmas Star by Joseph Brodsky
- Reading for Seattle AWP 2014 for Madhat and Fulcru...
- Free track DEATH AT SEA from THE NO-NET WORLD CD
- Recording of my poem with footnotes, "Phylum"
- Reading at the Ballet Academie, Lafayette, LA, on ...
- Reading for the Walls Project, Baton Rouge
- A vid of my New Orleans reading on the Unlikely Sa...
- New review of PATIENT WOMEN, a novel by Larissa Sh...
- ▼ December (10)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)