MRI won't be till Thursday;
waiting is a practiced sense;
anyone can face life's dangers—
takes the strong to bear suspense.
MRI with contrast or not,
little magnets map the brain.
Soon I'll feel my body changing,
entering another plane.
All I am is quarks and gluons,
energy and impulse-filled;
There is no material realm here,
and these quanta can't be killed.
So I wait without much straining;
courage comes from quanta, too.
I'm the field of every being;
parts of me are parts of you.
Don't look toward a grave to see me;
my old soul has other plans;
All of me will dance with helium,
I'll be sun, and leaves, and grass.
- ► 2017 (55)
- ► 2016 (151)
- ► 2015 (62)
- Metrical Exercise: Trochaic Tetrameter (Waiting fo...
- BETWEEN ECLIPSES*
- I AM NOT YOUR INSECT
- I have lost your fingers
- I am the new poetry editor for MadHat Annual!
- Happy Bloomsday!
- Daddy's Elusive Love
- Mersad Mostaghimi's Translation of "Your Probabili...
- Your Probability Amplitude
- Mikhail Niziaev's beautiful Russian translation of...
- Saturn series June 9 to feature Larissa Shmailo, p...
- A Sop for Cerberus
- Poem in Random House Anthology
- ▼ June (14)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)