Thursday, October 11, 2018

"Wrapped in myself, / trapped in myself"

A line from my poem, "Frog Prayer," is traveling across Tumblr: "I am wrapped in myself, trapped in myself." Thanks to violentwavesofemotion and others for quoting me! 

FROG PRAYER
Dark Light, stark Light, take me from the public bog
where I, frog, lurk, waiting for a divine arch
to spark the dog in me.
                   In me fight tedium, odium,
banal canals of waste; light, I squat and
slight, rape.
                   Slight rape forgiven? Dear God of Frogs:
Please goad, load me,
take my slippery smoothness, flippery foolishness away.
                   A way must be sound: I am wrapped in myself,
trapped in myself. My froggy self longs to produce, create;
but no, I seduce, berate.
                   Berate me, Tricolored Frog:
Light whose waste product is air, help me,
for as I sit and soak, I croak, I croak.

No comments:

Blog Archive