Tuesday, December 13, 2016
What kind of government is this?
We ask for Trump's tax returns and don't get them; we ask him to divest his business holdings and he does not; we ask that his children not conduct the business of government as this is nepotism, and we are ignored. We ask for transparency in dealings with Russia, and we are lied to; we ask that foreign lobbyists not bribe Trump by staying at his hotels and buying his products, and Trump says bribe away; we ask at the least that he do his job and sit for intelligence briefings daily, and he tells us he doesn't need to because he's a "smart guy." What do you call government like this? (Hint: it isn't representative government). Yes, you got it - when the majority of people ask and don't get, it's called a dictatorship.
- 2016 and beyond . . .
- NYPL ordering Patient Women!
- Two Dates Americans Will Never Forget: 9/11 and 11...
- New at Writing in a Woman's Voice: Memento Mama
- Work at Writing in a Woman's Voice
- New at HOWL (Humanities Opposition World League)
- What kind of government is this?
- "Lager NYC" - rage against the alt right
- The Emoluments Clause of the Constitution
- PLUME READING NYC THIS SUNDAY
- HOWL MANIFESTO
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)