One effective path for Trump resistance is a massive hue and cry for impeachment on the emolument clause of the Constitution (bribery by foreign nations, of which Trump is guilty). It has to be a huge outcry to get the Republican congress to move, but we can do huge. And persistent. This issue, and each of its manifestations, should surround Trump like a swarm of gnats.
Trump will remain executive producer
of The Apprentice as president, getting paid by MGM; we will see how he
plans to dispose of the rest of his empire, if he does, in his December
15 speech. We need to keep the pressure up on his acceptance of bribes
and illegal conflicts of interest.
Trump's rise is still resistable. We must resist Trump's denying the law and accruing more power to himself now.
- ► 2017 (49)
- 2016 and beyond . . .
- NYPL ordering Patient Women!
- Two Dates Americans Will Never Forget: 9/11 and 11...
- New at Writing in a Woman's Voice: Memento Mama
- Work at Writing in a Woman's Voice
- New at HOWL (Humanities Opposition World League)
- What kind of government is this?
- "Lager NYC" - rage against the alt right
- The Emoluments Clause of the Constitution
- PLUME READING NYC THIS SUNDAY
- HOWL MANIFESTO
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)