Monday, August 01, 2016
Trump and Media Addiction
The reason Facebook and Twitter are addictive is that they operate on variable reward schedules. Sometimes you get 10 Likes, sometimes 100, sometimes none. Rats will run mazes much faster when rewarded variably than when consistently rewarded. Gambling, guys that don't call when they say they will, social media all trigger the addictive response. And Trump is an active addict of outsized proportions with the impulse control of a gnat. Imagine him at work? Yes, another reason #neverTrump.
- ► 2017 (50)
- Cover of my new collection, Medusa's Country
- LATE SUMMER POEM
- Visit my Amazon page for sales on books and CDs
- September is National Translation Month
- The fascists are winning
- The Mythology of Donald Trump
- Pre-publication review of Medusa's Country from Th...
- In memoriam Tamara Shanahan, 8/7/48 - 12/27/13
- Madhat Press to publish my poetry collection, Medu...
- Sympathy for the Devil
- Trump and Media Addiction
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)