The idiot girl @theParisReview says uncool:
that, to critique, the phrase, the trappings of,
is used by “100% pretentious hacks.” And
the editor @PoetryFound retweets her crap,
and an article on pooping, besides. I was
going to tweet a Baudelaire, from “Beauty,” line,
line by displaced line:
I am beautiful, o mortals, like a dream of stone
But thought better of it (a proscribed phrase?)
—an unpretentious #Stalinist might
tell me not to translate, or Baudelaire not to write.
(But what does this mean:
Je hais le mouvement qui déplace les lignes?
Is the idiot girl @ParisCool right?) No, she is
an idiot, disliking a history without her part,
as I dislike the way the young are heartless, mean,
calling it honest (and I was different @18?)
This poem originally appeared in Gargoyle.
- ► 2017 (50)
- ► 2016 (151)
- ► 2015 (62)
- My Dead
- Late Summer Poem
- The Girl @theParisReview Says Uncool
- An excerpt from "Mirror, or a Flash in the Pan"
- New Life 5 (Mistranslation of Joseph Brodsky)
- Autobio, for Robin Williams
- The Course of Grief
- 100 Thousand Poets for Change day is September 27!...
- Izdubar (ekphrastic on Carl Jung's Red Book image)...
- Exorcism (Found Poem)
- AWP 2015 Panel: Daughters of Baba Yaga
- ▼ August (13)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)