The more you leave, the more I want you back.
When you return, our love life seems to lack.
Believing you are unassailable
I yearn for you to be available.
And then you come; I cannot be more bored:
I like your leave, but not your coming toward.
Your distance charms, disarms my eager heart.
But close, I wish we were again apart.
Do stay away, and I'm forever rapt,
but close, you leave me empty, dull, and sapped.
So go away; I'll love you as before.
Love's ebb and flow is tricky as a whore.
- ► 2016 (151)
- ► 2015 (62)
- Revision of Poem in Iambic Pentameter ("The More Y...
- A poem in dactyllic hexameter ("This is the ruptur...
- Aleksandr Blok (November 28, 1880 – August 7, 1921...
- METRICAL EXERCISE: IAMBIC PENTAMETER ("The More Yo...
- Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin (June 6, 1799 – Febru...
- Vladimir Mayakovsky's Last Poem
- Formal Exercise: Sestina: Live, Not Die; Live Not,...
- Metrical exercise: Anapest: Waiting for MRI poem #...
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)