Sunday, October 27, 2019

NEWSLETTER: READINGS, REVIEWS, ANTHOLOGIES, AND MORE!

Dear friends:
A sad time as we say goodbye to two beloved Steves, steve dalachinsky and Steve Cannon. Vechnaia pamiat’, eternal memory for these remarkable poets, whose inspiration and support for my work was incalculable.
• I am reading my translations of Maria Galina on November 2 at the Tompkins Square Library, 331 E 10th St, New York at 2:00 pm, for the special Russia issue of The Café Review with editor Anna Halberstadt, Philip Nikolayev, Anton Yakovlev and others.
• My essay, “I Blame Louise Hay for Trump” is included in the anthology Sensitive Skin Selected Writings 2016-2018 edited by Bernard Meisler. Read it here: https://sensitiveskinmagazine.com/i-blame-louise-hay-for-t…/
• You can read the great Rain Taxi review by Jefferson Hansen of my new novel, Sly Bang, here: http://www.raintaxi.com/sly-bang/
• I am delighted to be on two panels for AWP20 in San Antonio next year. I will be moderating a reading of international experimental poetry, “Translating the Untranslatable,” with Hélène Cardona, Jennifer Kwon Dobbs, Michele Gil-Montero, and Marc Vincenz; I’ll be a participant on “What Kind of Times Are These: Immigrant Poetry and the New Politics of Resistance” moderated by Olga Livshin, with Mariya Deykute, Anna Halberstadt, and Valzhyna Mort. Detailed outlines of these events are now available on the AWP website, so please check them out and include us in your AWP planning.
• If you missed it, read over 30 contemporary and historic voices in From Pushkin to Pussy Riot: Russian Political Poetry and Prose at www.mattermonthly.com in this timely anthology co-edited by Philip Nikolayev and me. Don’t leave the colluding to the Trumps and Putins!
Hope to see you all soon!
Love,
Larissa
LARISSASHMAILO.COM

No comments:

Blog Archive