Sunday, September 09, 2018
So, this is living under fascism . . .
So, this is living under fascism . . . the avocados I buy are still ripe and delicious, the trees in Riverside Park still speak of the beauty of eternity, my friends still write exquisite poetry and prose. But a weight hangs over me, a sadness, a loss . . . . Today, I noticed the long tail of a rat scurrying beneath my favorite park bench, and I cannot sit there anymore. It is that loss of security, freedom, dignity, the knowledge that honesty and fair play are forever gone, that the rules will never be respected again and like the rats, outrages will continue to multiply and authoritarian rule alone will stand. And we can patch things up a bit, but life will never be the same. Is this when I, writer and poet, go to work? Yes, otherwise, what good am I?
- WOMEN POETS READ TO BENEFIT WOMEN DEMOCRATIC CANDI...
- 5 Poems up at Dispatches from the Poetry Wars
- #Why I Didn't Report; #Me Too
- All-Star Women Poets Read to Benefit Women Democra...
- So, this is living under fascism . . .
- REVIEW OF MEDUSA'S COUNTRY
- Raise hell 9/29: Women poets read for women Democr...
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2017 (69)
- ► 2016 (151)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (125)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)