Saturday, June 23, 2018

Adoption

I was not a mother until today.
The brand Trump is emblazoned on tents
and abandoned Walmarts. 
Nannies wear jackboots, joke as
children cry.
Secretly, at night, children are taken
to undisclosed locations across the nation.
Where are the girls? With
the Roy Moores of the world?
Hear my NO.
Listen, Space Force:
I am the Horta, fighting for my children;
I will drive you from the planet.
Attention, big game hunters:
I am a tigress, risen from extinction,
to protest, protect the little cubs.
Hey, perps:
I, ordinary woman, with my instincts intact,
the maternal rising in me like a huge blue tide,
watch me topple the Orange Ozymandius.
What you have unleashed can’t be
lied to or stopped.
I am more than me, too;
I am the children, too.
6/21/18

No comments:

Blog Archive