My heart is sick and foul, a chest of anguished cries.
My heart attack explodes, arrest of anguished cries.
Clinicians think I’m Job; they jab and prod my veins.
Pathology calls for a test of anguished cries.
They check my pulse and beats with meters stupidly.
My naked heart unrobes, undressed of anguished cries.
A sphygnomameter can’t sound my misery;
I blame my rose divine, caressed of anguished cries.
Larissa’s rose is sick and is consuming me;
Cardiomyopathy, my fest of anguished cries.
- ► 2016 (151)
- ► 2015 (62)
- Cover of my novel, Patient Women!
- Christmas Star by Joseph Brodsky translated by L...
- THE GYM (after "The Raven")
- Poems in The Enchanting Verses Literary Review
- Victory in Harvard University Library!
- Please join me for a reading and talk in Brooklyn
- Text of PHYLUM
- Cardiac (Ghazal)
- Four poems in New Mirage Journal; text of "Copy Ca...
- ▼ December (10)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2008 (15)